Minocycline- Details About Medicine You Must Know
We are living in a world where each and every single moment to be covered by thousands of microorganisms, mainly bacteria treated using Minocycline.
Now how are bacteria good for human health? But the other half is really harmful to the health of humans and can pose hundreds of health hazards.
Earlier, these hazards were taken care of by the immune system, but now our immune system in common has also started becoming more prone to such bacterial diseases.
That is why there is a requirement for a medicine that can help a person get over these bacterial issues without affecting the lifestyle anymore.
Now you must be thinking that out of so many medicines, which is the one medicine that is best for getting rid of the bacterial issues and getting life back on track as soon as possible.
In such a case, the best medicine that you can depend upon is Minocycline.
What is Minocycline?
Minocycline is a tetracycline antibiotic that is used to get rid of plenty of bacterial infection that it has the most chances of happening in the human body.
This means that the medicine basically is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is used for skin issues, bacterial infections related to eyes, throat, your intestine, and sexually transmitted issues also.
The amount of salt that is present in a single tablet can vary from 100 mg to 500 mg, and the decision that which category of salt is suitable for you is taken by the physician by doing a quick check-up.
As we have discussed, the medicine is used for bacterial issues and is kept under the category of antibiotics. Now, if we study the medicine in detail, then its uses are discussed below-
- The medicine can be used to treat a variety of skin infections that cause rashes and itching on the skin, along with redness.
- If a person is suffering from severe acne, then also they can use these tablets.
- There is an issue named syphilis for which the medicine is used specifically.
- If you are suffering from tick fever, then also you can consume this medicine.
- Chlamydia-caused issues are also treated with the help of Minocycline.
- Bacteria-caused respiratory infections are also treated with the help of minocycline medicine.
- Gonorrhea is also very well treated with the help of this medicine.
There are a set of side effects that are related to the medicine, but they ought to occur when a person has either consumed the medicine in more amounts than expected or has not followed the directions provided by the physician.
- Headache, nausea, and vomiting are very commonly seen in most cases who are consuming the medicine.
- Eyes can remain watery and also pain due to the consumption of medicine. You can also notice redness in your eyes.
- You might face an issue in urination like less urine and burning sensation.
- Joints might start paining, and your pans and feet will show a glimpse of swelling.
- Sometimes you may also notice some flu-like symptoms due to the medicine consumption.
- Muscle weakness and pain in the chest can also happen due to which a person can feel some difficulty while breathing.
- You may notice an issue of swollen glands when you are consuming the medicine.
- Severe tingling can also happen due to the consumption of Minocycline.
- Patchy skin tone is also noticed sometimes due to the consumption of this medicine.
Precautions and Warnings
You must very keenly notice all the precautions and the warning that are related to the medicine and must follow because the side effects that are caused due to the medicine are very severe.
- It would help if you discussed every single allergy that you have had in the past with the physician and details.
- If you are consuming any antibiotic medicine like Buy Doxycycline Online already, then do not consume the medicine.
- If you are taking any birth control pills along with Minocycline, then the chances are the birth control pills are not going to work.
- You are pregnant, then never consume this medicine as it is going to affect your fetus severely.
- Never drive or perform any heavy-duty task when you have taken medicine, as you might not be in your complete senses.
- Consuming alcohol can take the dizziness to the next level; that is why it is suggested not to consume both of them together.
- Never take multivitamins or antacids within 2 hours of the medicine consumption.
- Call the physician as soon as possible if you notice some blood in your diarrhea caused by the medicine consumption.
How should I take it?
It is suggested to everyone that they should consume the medicine normally but with a few things in mind.
- Crushing or chewing the medicine can lead to the dysfunction of the medicine; that is why avoid it and gulf the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at the fixed timing as suggested by the physician to save the body from salt accumulation.
- Taking or not taking food with the medicine is completely your choice.
The dose of the medicine is the decision of the physician whom you are consulting regarding the issue. That is why it is suggested to each and every one of you that you must take the latest reports regarding the issue to the physician on the basis of which they are going to suggest the dose.
Commonly the doors are suggested as one or a maximum of 2 tablets in a day. Some of the other dosages which used for Bacterial Infections are Below:
What drugs will affect Minocycline?
- It would help if you never took isotretinoin with Minocycline.
- Never consume any other penicillin drug along with Minocycline.
- If you are taking any blood sending medicine, then it is suggested to you that you never take both medicines at the same time.
- Minocycline and ergot medicines should not be consumed along with each other.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you missed the dose of medicine, then you can take it as soon as possible but not in the case if the next dose is approaching soon.
What happens if I overdose?
In such a case, always remember to call the physician and seek their help before the issue becomes severe.
What to avoid?
Avoid consuming any other antibiotic, blood-thinning medicine, ergot medicine, alcohol, and birth control pills with this medicine.